Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New WMF Exploit Patch

I had hoped I wouldn’t have to write about the Zero-Day WMF Exploit again but I feel a responsibility to anyone who has followed my advice.  I suspect most of my readers have already heard that a programmer named Ilfak Guilfanov beat me too it and and has created a patch for this problem.  If not, you can learn more on Ilfak’s Blog where he includes a link to newest patch available.

I have verified this patch will work on a system that hasn’t already been effected.  I can’t personally say for sure what the results will be on a system that has already been affected.

Downloading this patch is probably a good idea but only if you’ll remember to follow this story. When Microsoft does create an official patch you’ll need to follow Ilfak's instructions to Uninstall his software.

 

Share on Facebook


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home