Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Apple Distributes Virus, Blames Windows

Apple acknowledged today that a number of Video iPods were shipped containing the RavMonE virus. All the iPods left manufacturing after September 12th of this year.

Windows virus?  Click here
Found on iPod Support and Service Page

What I find hysterical is how on their iPod support page  Apple puts the blame on Windows.

“As you might imagine, we are upset at Windows for not being more hardy against such viruses,..”

They admit Windows computers with up to date anti-virus software should detect and remove the virus but apparently didn’t have updated Windows systems themselves.

Share on Facebook


2 Comments:

Blogger JusJane said...

Durn, Bill.

Can't you make the clickable link open in a new window? I know about _blank,,but I'm busy chasing me all over back to your bits. :)

Sugar

2:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sugar,

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I'm sure if I add new windows I'll get someone who won't want them but...
you asked so sweetly I'll try to remember in the future I'll add a new window in the target for my links.

Thanks,
Bill

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home