Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Windows Vista, The Missing Manual

I'm currently on a ship in the Caribbean with a number of other geeks enjoying warm weather and discussing Windows Vista, Photoshop and other tech topics. Most of Sunday I spent with author and columnist David Pogue who has a new book on sale called "Windows Vista, The Missing Manual".

matt and david pogue on geekcruise36 New Friends Matt and David

I have learned a number of great tricks and my opinion of Vista has become more positive. What was really fun is that David did his entire presentation of Vista by running it on his MacBook. Later this week David will be discussing Vista Security. I doubt he'll know about our new WinPatrol 2007 but I'm eager to hear more about what he thinks of Vista's User Access Control.

Share on Facebook


3 Comments:

Blogger Corrine said...

There couldn't have been a better time for you to escape to a warmer venue. Although its a few degrees warmer in Scotia, its 4°F with a Wind Chill of -18°F where I am.

Looking forward to hearing more about the tricks that are changing your opinion of Vista.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Bill. I am enjoying the Cruise with you (I'm the one in the kilt). Just as a correction, David Pogue and Harry (PcWorld) are both using MacBooks, not PowerBooks. The Power Book was discontinued with the Intel transition.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! I corrected my text to reflect the present. Now I'll know what to call it when I go to Apple.com to purchase one.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home