How Do We Stop Spyware?
A number of folks who have been on the forefront of battling spyware and adware met last week in Washington D.C. I’ve been to a number of AntiSpyware conferences over the years and they seem to get better all the time.
CSI Spyware: Can Investigators Stay Ahead of the Bad Guys?
From left to right
- Chris Boyd aka Paperghost, Facetime Security Labs
- Lance James with Secure Science Corporations
- Alex Eckelberry, Sunbelt Software
- Cindy Southworth, National Network to End Domestic Violence
- Luke Erickson, Federal Trade Commission
It’s hard quantify what kind of difference these meetings make. In a way it’s like a pep rally that gets many of us excited and motivated to continue our efforts. It’s also excellent to share stories and methodology. While many participants are essentially competitors the cooperation is unlike other industries.
Chris Boyd has posted some photos from the conference as well as some fun tourist travels on Flickr. There’s even proof that I sometimes wear a suit and tie. It’s interesting to view our country through new eyes. Click the photos below for more.