Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Friday, August 20, 2010

Free Security for People Looking for Work

(Scotia, NY) WinPatrol Supports Unemployed Job Seekers
It’s no secret that the unemployment numbers around the world are at an amazing high. At least once a week I receive a plea from someone who is unemployed asking for a discounted upgrade to WinPatrol PLUS.

For someone looking for a new job, a computer is a must have tool. Unfortunately, they’re also the targets of scam artists who take advantage of folks who need help the most.

In response to the need to protect and help the unemployed I’m giving away our $29.95 single user license with all the benefits of our standard WinPatrol PLUS upgrade.  As a computer professional I’ve been blessed never to be without work but these days unemployment can happen to anyone. Visiting new web sites is a time when WinPatrol PLUS is needed the most. I’d much rather have someone using their time to find that perfect job instead of fixing computer problems.

All that’s required is to scan in or provide a screen capture proof you have recently received unemployment benefits or other reasonable proof of unemployment. Sorry, but you can’t just Email support@winpatrol.com and say “I’m unemployed, give me a code”. Some evidence is required but our give away is even available to our friends outside the U.S.  Requests will be will be processed within 24-48 hours.

Here’s an example of what New York State provides to those receiving benefits and the kind of proof acceptable.

unemployed

I’ve blurred out the name on this example but when you send proof you should just blur out your social security number or other private information I wouldn’t need. Send your proof to support@winpatrol.com or mail to
BillP Studios
32 Sunnyside Rd.
Scotia, NY 12302
Include your name and Email address printed clearly in your request. Your information will of course be considered confidential.

For now, this is a limited offer available until the end of August 2010.  If you know someone who is unemployed but could use WinPatrol PLUS send them here to http://bitsfrombill.com. I challenge other software companies to do the same.

 

* A screen capture using Windows is possible by pressing the Alt key + the PrtSc key. A image of the current window will be stored in the Windows clipboard.  You can then open your favorite paint or photo program and “paste” into a new document.  Edit out your SS# if it’s visible and attach the file to an Email to support@WinPatrol.com

Share on Facebook


10 Comments:

Blogger en said...

its nice of you bill to be so giving

bruce

7:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"I think that I shall never see..."
A man as generous as Pyt-lo-van-y.
(Sure hope I got the phnetics right on that.)

Thanks, Bill, you are one of the truly greats!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,
As a long time Pro user,I have to commend you on your compassionate thoughts and actions on those less fortunate than people who do in fact have jobs or are retired like myself.
This is an outstanding level of graciousness,and I salute you.
Well done.

Art

12:31 PM  
Anonymous DownTheShore said...

What a generous idea! Thank you for proving - once again - that companies can have a heart and can be proactive about helping others who are having difficulties in life.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a great guy Bill.

gerardwil (Online A.)

3:10 AM  
Blogger Brat said...

Your generosity is very much appreciated !!

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Johnson Yip said...

Thanks for the generosity. You truly are an inspiration to young computer enthusiasts like myself. I been using the free version of Win Patrol and I'm loving out. I think I take advantage of this deal since I'm not employed, and seeking work.

Thanks,
Johnson Yip

9:38 PM  
Blogger Big Geek Daddy said...

Kudos to you Bill for offering this! I just shared with my 1400 Facebook Fans.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Daniel B. said...

I am a long time paid Pro owner. My wife has been out of work for some time but I'm not taking advantage of your offer. I am working and don't want to take advantage of your generosity even though I, technically, could. One less I ask for is one more to someone who really could use the help. Bravo Bill!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful thing you are doing offering your program for free to job seekers. I did wonder if you had considered the fact that not all unemployed job seekers are on unemployment benefits. I am thinking of my daughter who is newly divorced, a single mom of 3 boys and looking for work. Every where she goes it seems they tell her the application is online. I spend a lot of time getting her computer back to working so that she can job hunt. I am disabled & cannot buy these things for her, though I would. I did hook her up with the free version and it has made a difference. Thank-you for making the free version for people like us who do not have a sufficient income for 'extras'.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home